Thursday, March 12, 2015

Lessons Learned

As a wife and mother i know i'm bound to learn many lessons, through laughter and/or tears, on my journey to perfection {apparently i'm not there?} and so here is my list of what i've learned so far in my young life....

1. Stop walking around the house in your underwear. You never know when your neighbor/spouse's coworker might show up at your backdoor with the blinds open...

2. Always wear underwear. In case of an emergency you'll want to be able to jump in the car and go with your mind at ease knowing you are wearing a bra.

3. When you're in a situation where you think "oh i need do this particular thing ", don't wait. DO IT THEN. Half of the time it'll save you lots of stress and trouble.

4. Always wait to eat lunch with your spouse. What if you eat before he gets home and once he does he surprises you by taking you out to lunch and then you're in a "second lunch" situation feeling super squishy? {i'm running extra today}

5. Stop worrying about other people. Being a good friend, spouse, sibling, whatever you may be, is important and sometimes we can't help but want to....help. I personally am always out to spare everyone else's feelings and give whatever i have to build other people up. But if you are busy fixing and mending other people, who is fixing and mending you? I can't forget that the most important person that could use my help is me.

6. The world can wait. I am kinda bad at this one. I get caught up in reading something on facebook or on the internet, and then abraham starts talking to me and instead of listening i continue to read whatever it is that i was reading while half listening to what he is saying. I use to think it was unfair that he'd get annoyed because, HEY i was reading this thing first and you butted in, so you can wait until i'm done. I was so wrong though. Facebook can wait. Instagram can wait. Snapchat can wait. Your incoming texts can wait. They aren't going anywhere.

7. Invest in your spouse. Tell them what shirt is your favorite on them or how you like their hair styled a certain way cause it makes them look fancy. Compliment them {hey you gotta cute butt ;)} Make them happy. 
I recently started playing World of Warcraft. It makes me slightly motion sick and feel overwhelmed, but it makes abraham happy that we can play together and THAT makes it all worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Cerissa and Ryan used to play ww together, too. For the same reason.

    ReplyDelete